About the project
Each school makes a presentation of the school. A logo is created and elected to be the logo of the project
Students teach their new friends the basics of their mother tongue (Hello, goodbye, please, thank you, 1,2,3,4,5, I love you etc) and share it in a video.
Students of the different schools exchange postcards written in the languages they are learning.
Each school /group of students makes a video in which they try to speak in the other languages.
All schools create a dictionary (e-book) with the basics of the languages learnt.
-be more aware of the diversity of languages in the EU
-learn other languages (the language (s) of their partners
-increase students’ interest in learning /speaking other languages and learning other cultures
-increase other European students’ interest in learning/speaking Portuguese (not so popular language)
– make new friends in other countries
– improve students’ English speaking skills.
– improve students’ and teachers’ use of a range of digital tools
– improve the students’ and teachers’ skills concerning project work and collaborative work
– develop students’ and teachers’ cultural awareness
– develop students’ citizenship
– develop students’ use of the internet and safety rules
– each group of students in their school makes a presentation of their school using different digital tools – November 2017
– students, with the guidance of their teachers, interact with their friends in skype sessions/ eTwinning events December
– each school draws a logo December and everybody votes for the best and it will be the logo of our project using the google forms or another digital tool January
– students make a video in their mother tongue to teach the basics ( Hello, goodbye, please, thank you, 1,2,3,4,5, I love you etc …) and share it with their partners- January and February 2018
– students send postcards to their friends using the short texts in the language (s) they are learning December and March
– each school /group of students makes a video in which they try to speak in the other languages and share it with their partners April 2018
– all the schools create a dictionary (e-book) with the basics of the languages learnt- April and May.
Use of digital tools
Postcards written in the learnt languages
Dictionary /e-book made by all schools.
Countries taking part:
Bulgaria Malta Norway Slovakia Slovenia Croatia Greece Spain Poland Portugal France Serbia Czech Republic Lithuania
Year 5 students voting on their tablet, using the padlet, for their favourite logo to upload for etwinning project-share your language
Year 5 students sharing their language with students from other countries
More videos prepared by Year 5 students